Fire Rated Downlights
How You Can Ensure Optimum Performance
From Your LED bulbs By Using The Innovative i-Cage Fire-Rated Downlight
Compared with other fire rated downlights which are constructed using the traditional 'black can-design’, the i-cage allows the lamp inside to operate in a cooler environment thanks to its intelligent open design. This provides airflow to the bulb inside which allows it to ventilate better, meaning it will achieve its full life expectancy. If you are going to fit expensive LED bulbs that are supposed to last for over 30,000 hours then you should install the icage.
The other important benefit for you to consider is the Icage is the only fire rated and open rated downlight currently available. The icage is a future proof downlight that will house bulbs of all sizes including standard GU10 halogens as well as the physically deeper 7W Philips Master, currently the most popular LED bulb on offer at Downlights Direct.
How can a downlight be fire rated and open rated at the same time? This video shows what happens in the event of a fire:
In the event of a fire, the intumescent pad positioned at the top of the downlight swells up and seals off the hole in the ceiling.This prevents the fire from spreading into the ceiling void and cuts off the fires access to the main structure of the building which is usually made up of wooden ceiling joists. Icage downlights are fully tested and certified for use in 30, 60 and 90 minute ceilings.
The Science Behind The i-Cage
- The patented and registered design incorporates a unique intumescent reaction allowing a totally new concept as a cage constructed luminaire.
- Sleeved and double insulated high temperature cable.
- Independently tested to Building Regulations parts B (fire safety), C (moisture, except gimbal version) and E (acoustics).
- iCage downlights will house almost any type of reflector lamp as each downlight is supplied with a variable length lamp holder and both GU10 and MR16 (GU5.3) lamp holders. Simply dispose of the one you don't use.
- Available as an IP65 option for bathroom use.
- An ultra-slim bezel, allowing for an inconspicuous recessed downlight.
- Strong spring clips for sturdy fixing into variable ceiling thickness providing tight and lasting positioning in the ceiling.
- Terminals comfortably accept 2x1.5 twin and earth cables with screwless snap-fit cover and cable clamp, for ease and speed of installation.
- Now available in six finishes white, brass, chrome, satin chrome, antique brass and matt black.
- The Icage now comes with a lifetime guarantee (this does not include the lamps):
[Click on the image above to download the PDF]
Fit Your i-Cage In These Easy Steps
Step 1 - Choose where your i-Cage downlights are going - If you require help with a lighting scheme for a new installation, email or phone for an expert quotation, where we can advise you on the number of i-cage downlights you may require.
Step 2 - Choose the type of i-Cage you want - Choose whether you want adjustable, fixed or IP65 rating for bathrooms.
Step 3 - Choose the finish of your i-cage - available in white, brass, chrome or satin chrome. And now antique brass and matt black.
Step 4 - Choose the bulb you want - choose between halogen, CFL or LED.
Step 5 - Order with confidence - once you have chosen your bulb and i-cage finish, you can order with confidence on our website where we will deliver straight to your door. If you are unhappy with your product, we are happy to accept returns and offer refunds. The Icage is now covered by a lifetime guarantee - this is due to its near perfect record of almost no failures.
Step 6 - Install your i-Cage - If you have no prior experience in installing electrical equipment, seek the help of an experienced/qualified electrician.
Try It Before You Buy
You can order a sample in two ways (deposit required)
Telephone: Call 01706 521188 and speak to a lighting specialist today.
Email: Click here to contact a lighting specialist and arrange a sample today.
Order Today In 3 Ways
Online - Buy the I-Cage downlight using our secure payment system, which will then be delivered straight to your door