Prices FromExcl. VAT: £8.07 Incl. VAT: £9.68
Fire Hoods & Loft Caps
Prices FromRRP: £10.76
Excl. VAT: £6.99 Incl. VAT: £8.39
35% off RRP
Prices FromExcl. VAT: £8.32 Incl. VAT: £9.98
Prices FromRRP: £3.33
Excl. VAT: £1.33 Incl. VAT: £1.60
60% off RRP
Prices FromRRP: £57.65
Excl. VAT: £37.47 Incl. VAT: £44.96
35% off RRP
Prices FromRRP: £51.50
Excl. VAT: £33.48 Incl. VAT: £40.18
35% off RRP
Prices FromExcl. VAT: £9.90 Incl. VAT: £11.88
Prices FromRRP: £17.90
Excl. VAT: £11.64 Incl. VAT: £13.97
35% off RRP
Prices FromExcl. VAT: £9.56 Incl. VAT: £11.47
Prices FromExcl. VAT: £6.62 Incl. VAT: £7.94
Prices FromExcl. VAT: £4.64 Incl. VAT: £5.57
Maximise your energy savings and prevent the spread of fire by fitting a safe and secure loft cap over your downlights.
Downlights covered by insulation (whether it be fire-rated or non fire-rated) are highly dangerous as it is considered to be a fire hazard when insulation is laid directly on top of any downlights. A way of overcoming this potentially life threatening situation is to fit a loft cap, which acts as a barrier between your downlight and insulation.
It is estimated that you stand to save £5 per loft cap fitting per year when you use a loft cap to separate your downlight from your insulation making it the safest way to save any lost heating energy. As well as this, they are really easy to fit as they don’t require any screws or glue to fit in place.
Loft Caps Offer A Snug And Secure Housing Between Your Insulation And Downlights
Technical Specification Of A Loft Cap
- F-Capped Approved - turns any downlight (maximum 50W) into an F-Capped Approved Downlight. Unless downlights have the F Capped Approval (hardly any do as it is a new standard, including fire rated downlights) they should not come in direct contact with insulation as it can cause a fire hazard.
- Turns your none fire-rated downlight into a fire-rated downlight. For example if you purchase a none fire rated downlight and your are concerned about the spread of fire, a loft cap will act as a way of stopping the spread of the fire. This is a great economical alternative to buying a more expensive fire-rated downlight.
- Can be used with fire rated and none fire rated downlights.
- The F Capped Approval is an Internationally recognised standard and is also known as British Standards BSEN60598.1 and BSEN60598.2.2.
- Sizes available include 210x260mm and 274x162mm.
- Easy to fit - No screws or glue, just lay the insulation over the loft cap.
You’re Only 3 Steps Away From Your New Loft Cap
Step 1 - Decide how many loft caps you require for your existing or new downlights. If you need assistance, call one of our lighting specialists on 01706 521188 for expert advice.
Step 2 - Choose the size of loft cap you require - choose between 210x260mm or 274x162mm. This should relate to the size of your insulation and downlight.
Step 3 - Order with confidence! Because your loft cap is a core product, you get the added benefit of a 3-year guarantee.
Fitting A Loft Cap Is Really Easy!
Step 1 - Lift up your existing insulation in your loft (if applicable). Locate your downlights. If you are installing new downlights, install these first.
Step 2 - Place your loft caps so that they cover the downlight. There is no need for to glue or stick in place.
Step 3 - Lay back your insulation over the loft caps.
Order Today In 3 Easy Ways
Online - Buy your loft caps using our secure payment system, which are then all delivered straight to your door
Phone - Call 01706 521188 and speak to a lighting specialist instantly
Email - Alternatively, to contact one of our lighting specialists