Kosnic GU10 halogen lamp 42W = 50W, 240V with a life expectancy of 2000 hours. Although the days of halogen are numbered with the expected banning date of 2016, this lamp still offers value for money, although halogens will cost more in the long term with energy consumption.
- Wattage: 42W, equivalent to 50W
- Life expectancy: 2000 hours
- Voltage: Mains 230/240v
- Diameter: 51mm
- RoHS compliant: Yes
- Manufacturer: Kosnic
- Description: GU10 MR16 reflector lamp / MR16 bulb.
- Colour: 830 Warm white / 3000K also available in cool white on request.
- Cap / base: GU10 / GZ10
- Length: 57mm
- Dimmable: Yes
- Product code: KHS42MR16/GU10-830
- Beam angle: 36o flood
- Use with: Standard downlights.
- Fused for anti explosion.
- Aluminium reflector.
- Energy efficiency rating: D
- Approved to: IEC60357
Basic halogen lamp fits in any standard downlight.
Cheap and readily available.
No need for additional transformers.
Fully dimmable unlike most CFL and LED.
Instant start up, no warm up time.
Halogen lamps provide an excellent crisp white light.
Not energy efficient, halogen light is produced by heat. Around 90% of the energy generated is lost in ceiling spaces or lofts.
Generates a lot of heat which can be a fire hazard.
Halogen bulbs regularly need replacing due to over heating and power surges.
Will regularly need replacing due to short life expectancy, adding to maintenance costs.