The first rule of Lightwave RF is that wireless switches require a receiver. The receiver is wired into your lighting circuit and receives the signal from the switch. It can be used as a dimmer switch in combination with the dimmable receiver (JSJSLW831) or as an on /off switch with one of the switching receivers. The switch is battery powered and can either be stuck to a surface or screwed into an existing 1 gang wall box.
The second rule of Lightwave RF is that the mains voltage dimmers don't work with receivers. If you've got existing wiring in place it's easier to go for the wired version but if you only want to do on and off switching you'd need the wireless one.
Because the wireless versions are battery powered they can be used in bathrooms, wiring regulations prohibit the use of mains powered switches. Use wire-free switches to control any number of individual wire free dimmers or switching receivers.
These controllers are lightweight and slimline at only 15mm deep, they can be simply attached to the wall using adhesive strips provided or screwed into a standard UK back box. They are powered by a standard 3V CR2032 coin-cell battery; the battery is easy to change and typically lasts a minimum of 2 years.
If you require further information about Lightwave RF please contact our technical support team on: 01706 521188.