Philips LED Tube 1200mm (4FT) 22W Cool White G13
- Description: Philips 19W LED fluorescent tube replacement 4000K.
- Wattage: 22W comparable to a 36W T8 fluorescent with 50% energy savings.
- Cap / base: G13 / T8
- Life expectancy: 40,000 hours. 4 times longer than fluorescent.
- Colour temperature: CCT: 4000K / Colour 840 Cool white.
- Voltage: 100-240V AC. Can operate directly off the mains. Click here for installation instructions
- Colour rendering index: 85 CRI
- Luminous flux: 1650lm
- Beam angle: 120 degrees.
- Diameter: 28mm (1")
- Length: 1200mm (4FT)
- Use with: 4FT fluorescent fittings.
- Start up time: Instant
- Dimmable: No.
- Energy efficiency rating: A
- Manufacturer: Philips
- Product code: MLEDGA22W840 Cool White
There are two main types of fluorescent fitting; EM (Electro Magnetic) and HF (High Frequency electronic). Fluorescent fittings with EM ballasts have starters and flicker on start up, HF fittings have no starter and are flicker free.
When using a Philips LED tube in an EM fitting there are two ways to make it work:
- Replace the fluorescent starter with an EMP050 starter (supplied with the LED tube). This is done by simply swapping the fluorescent starter with the EMP050 starter, no tools or wiring required.
- Re-wire the fitting and bi-pass the ballast and starter making the LED tube operate directly off the mains supply
For HF fittings the ballast must be bi-passed, this requires a small amount of rewiring. Click here for installation instructions